The Elmore County Commissioners approved 26 modifications to the Cat Creek Energy Master Site Plan when they signed the Development Agreement on February 9, 2018. While these modifications were discussed in public meetings, the vast majority of county residents were and still are completely unaware of the changes.
We believe everyone needs to be educated and brought up to speed on those modifications to the planned construction of this large-scale project that could be built on and near Camas Prairie and Little Camas Prairie area of southern Idaho.
If you would like to read the full version of the Cat Creek Energy/Elmore County Development Agreement, you can download the 37 page PDF document by clicking here … CCE_Development Agreement (9-Feb-2018)-10673026_1.
#1 – #5 Changes the Commissioners Approved in the Feb. 2018 Development Agreement with Cat Creek Energy
1) The Upper Reservoir commonly known as the Cat Creek Reservoir (”CCR”) can be increased to a maximum size of 1,700 surface acres and 100,000 acre-feet volume.
2) CCR can increase its depth up to ninety (90) feet maximum depth. The depth is a combination of excavation and the height of the embankment created.
3) The Pumped Storage Hydro (”PSH”) facility may contain up to six (6) penstocks, each with a maximum diameter of sixteen (16) feet.
4) The PSH facility may have underground tunnels with a maximum of thirty-four (34) feet in diameter on and under the CUP site.
5) The PSH facility may have an underground powerhouse cavern with dimensions of one hundred (100) feet in height, one hundred twenty (”120”) feet in width, and two hundred forty (240) feet in length under the CUP site.