By our calculations, the Cat Creek Energy solar complex will cover almost 590 acres and consist of 170,000 solar panels. It’s hard to imagine just how big 590-acres of elk, deer and pronghorn migration blocking territory that covers. And for many in Elmore County, Idaho, they do not realize where this huge fenced-in complex would be located.
How big is a 590 Acres Cat Creek Energy Solar Plant?
- About 17 US Pentagon buildings would fit inside the fence of the solar complex of the Cat Creek Energy project.
- It’s larger than the country of Monaco.
- It’s about five times as big as Vatican City.
- It’s about 150 times as big as The Biltmore Estate.
- It’s about 400 times as big as The White House.
Map Link to the Location of the Solar Complex: https://goo.gl/maps/6ioxxAX7ciL2
What Can You Do to Help Stop This Project?
Write, call and email anyone and everyone listed HERE (http://catcreek-energy.com/mailing-addresses-for-cat-creek-energy-issues/) and tell them you are opposed to the Cat Creek Energy project. You can tell your friends, neighbors, and coworkers about the project and how they can help prevent a mega-energy project from ruining our Elmore County backcountry.